AKTIVITI AKU

Monday, June 7, 2010

story from StarMag

Another story to my sister Eairrin from StarMag

Sunday June 6, 2010
A bundle of joy


I READ Dzireena Mahadzir’s article on Eairrin Hasshim (Rejoice in life, Sense of Style, Trends, StarMag, May 30) and I am utterly shocked and saddened by the news of her death. Al-Fatihah.

I got to know Erin about two years ago. I was working as a broadcast journalist in Ntv7 then, on a women’s lifestyle programme called Venus, hosted by Aishah Sinclair. One of my assignments was to come out with a story on female shopaholics.

As I asked around for potential shopaholics whom I could interview, a friend introduced me to Erin. I loved her the minute we shook hands. I took her out for a shoot in Pavilion KL for my feature and got her to act like she was shopping around the mall.

It was one of my most memorable assignments ever because Erin was such a funny, jovial and beautiful person, inside out. It’s rare to meet people with such a complete package in this modern day.

I invited her to the set of the live show to discuss the same topic on air with our host. She was ecstatic – I can still remember her smiling from ear to ear. She had the most adorable smile, almost childlike. We became friends and occasionally kept in touch on facebook. However, due to our busy schedules we lost touch.

Reading about her death has made me extremely sad. Tears run down my cheeks as I write this and reminisce about the cheerful person that she was. She certainly was a whole bundle of joy.

Losing a good friend can sometimes seem like the end of the world, but as tough as it is, life must go on. Do not let this stop you from pursuing your dreams and passions, like writing about fashion for example.

Being the warm person that she was, Erine would want her friends to make the most of life and rejoice in her memory.

So make your angel proud, Dzireena. Although she’s gone, she is watching over you, from the heavens above.

Satira Diana

No comments: